Vyan

Sunday, July 12

Videos from Purgatory: Sevendust - Praise

Continuing my series on the bands in the Electric Purgatory, I present group number #2 : Sevendust.

One of my personal favorite groups for a very long time, this Atlanta based five man crush-a-thon is headed by Lajon Witherspoon - who legend has it was discovered singing with a Living Colour cover band. This tight and heavy unit has so far produced 8 Albums since 1998, yet haven't quite gotten their due even though the last two discs Alpha & Chapter VII: Hope and Sorrow have scored in the top 20 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Charts.



I've seen them about three times, the last time which was about 5 or 6 years ago in Downtown Sacramento I was actually sitting outside the Crest Theater before their show with an Acoustic Guitar playing for Quarters. Lajon came walking by the with Local Rock DJ Kylie Brooks and listened for awhile, then asked if I was going to the show. I wasn't because I couldn't afford it at the time - hence the guitar and the quarters - so they gave me tickets which was Hella Cool.

I eventually had to Hock that Acoustic Guitar for Food and Rent, now some of those songs are on my new CD.

Vyan

No comments: