I still believe that.
But on that day the depths of my deep sadness and worry about the future of this nation and this world with the likes of those who currently control the Republican Party, were boundless. I was in a band with other members who were Right Wing and Republican. I could never do that again. I could never again deal with such people because the core of the Republican Party has become to exist in a constant state of cognative dissonance, where the most obvious facts of reality were subject of speculation and endless debate and arguement. At one point of time I could respect an honest debate with a person who simply held different beliefs, now I know that those who continue to support this President and this Republican Regime certainly do not do so from the basis of any honestly held moral conviction or belief. They do so simply because of self-interest and fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of terrorism, fear of gays and fear of minorities.
Sorry, but no cooperative entity can effectively function in such an environment, and that certainly includes both Hollywood and the Music Business - both of whom I still hold a great affection for. With this in mind I publish this... a list of Hollywood and Entertainment Republicans. Some of these people may indeed be very talent, but some things are actually more important. I for one know that I'll never watch or support anything done by these people ever again. You can make up your own mind.
- Jim Bunning, baseball player, now a Senator from Kentucky
- Clint Eastwood, actor and director, former Republican Mayor of Carmel, California.
- Fred Grandy, actor, also a former congressman from Iowa
- Jack Kemp, football player, later became a House of Representatives member from New York state, unsuccessful candidate for Vice President of the United States in 1996 with presidential nominee Bob Dole.
- Steve Largent, football player, also a former congressman from Oklahoma
- Diane Sawyer, news anchor, (Nixon administration staff member)
- Joe Scarborough, MSNBC host, (Former Republican Congressman, served on President's Council under George W. Bush)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, 38th Governor of California, 
- Shirley Temple Black, actress, ran for Congress as Republican and later served as U.S. Ambassador in Reagan administration
- Fred Thompson, actor, also a U.S. Senator from Tennessee 1994-2003
Self described Republicans
- Danny Aiello, "I turned in my card to become a Republican because I did not want to be known as a Democrat under that person's regime.", 
- India Allen, actress and model former Playboy Playmate. "I'm a die-hard Republican."
- Kim Alexis, 
- Adam Baldwin, is a Republican even stating his views on-line at Fireflyfans.net.
- Eric B. Borgman, actor and independent filmmaker Reported on his website possible state rep. run.
- George A. Borgman, jazz journalist. Listed as Republican in Who's Who in America.
- Debbie Brannigan, editor of CapitalistChicks.com. An Interview with 'Capitalist Chick' Debbie Brannigan Interview by Andrew Schwartz - Oct 27, 2003
- William F. Buckley, Jr., journalist and founder of the National Review magazine.
- Dean Cain,  
- Mary Carey, Attended a GOP fund-raiser and announced that she has become a Republican.
- Dixie Carter, once jokingly described herself as "the only Republican in show business" 
- Robert Conrad, 
- Alice Cooper, musician Edmonton Sun, August 20, 2004. 
- Robert Davi, Member of the Republican group The Sunday Night Club.
- Mike DeLuca, Movie producer 
- Shannon Doherty, 
- Jerry Doyle, actor who also ran for U. S. Senate as a Republican. On The Jerry Doyle Show he has stated that he is a Republican and supports President Bush.  <>Robert Duvall, "One guy asked me, 'How can you be an actor and be a Republican?' I can vote either way. But how can you boil it down to [political affiliation]? All the atrocities against blacks in the South were committed by Democratic sheriffs."  Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004 
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr., 
- Larry Elder, a radio show host. Elder is, "a member of the Republican Party who holds libertarian ideals."
- Bob Gale, screenwriter of Back to the Future, "I'm a registered Republican...and very anti-Communist from way back." 
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Survivor contestant and host of The View The Washington Times, Centrists at center stage, by James G. Lakely
- Patricia Heaton, Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004  
- Dean Jones, actor, Republican activist, 2003 guest of the California Republican Assembly.
- Shirley Jones, singer and actress, registered Republican who has sung at the 1988 Republican National Convention and the 2003 Christmas Tree Lighting in Washington, DC, at George W. Bush's request 
- Don King, boxing promoter 
- Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk show host. Has stated that he is a Republican on The Rush Limbaugh Show a radio program.
- Audra Lynn, Playboy Playmate "Uhhh…(laughs) Republican…definitely!!"
- Dina Merrill, actress, co-chair of the Republican Majority for Choice
- P. J. O'Rourke, author "I'm a registered Republican." O'Rourke, P.J. (1987), Republican Party Reptile. The confessions, adventures, essays and (other) outrages of P.J. O'Rourke. London (Picador), page 45
- Emily Procter of CSI Miami stated herself to be a Republican in Esquire
- Mickey Rooney, actor, states he is a Republican in his autobiography Life is Too Short.
- Jane Russell, actress, "I have always been a Republican."
- Aaron Russo, Hollywood producer planned to run for Governor of Nevada as a Republican, 
- Phyllis Schlafly, author and longtime member of the GOP platform committee 
- Ron Silver, former Democrat appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004, , Outspoken Bush Supporter,
- Jessica Simpson , The Washington Times, Centrists at center stage, by James G. Lakely
- Ben Stein, actor and writer, former Nixon speechwriter, donated money in support of President Bush and Republicans 2004. (Nixon administration staff member) , , 
- Terri Welles, actress and model former Playboy Playmate