Vyan

Wednesday, August 8

What's Wrong with America?

is the fact that it usually turns a blind and callous eye to the trials and tribulations such as this former LTV worker and his family.

QUESTION: After 34 years with LTV Steel I was forced to retire because of a disability. Two years later, LTV filed bankruptcy. I lost a third of my pension and my family lost their health care.

Every day of my life I sit at the kitchen table across from the woman who devoted 36 years of her life to my family and I can’t afford to pay for her health care. What’s wrong with America and what will you do to change it?


What's Wrong? America doesn't care Mr. Skarva. Oh, we like to pretend to - but when the time comes and we have to decide priorities - time and time again we focus on our own personal issues and interests, we don't look up and see the suffering of those around us and wonder how can we help? How might even my own problems be better if I had a helping hand when I needed it?

No, that's not what America is right - but it could be, if we first choose to look up from our own navel and see the face of our neighbor, our brother, our sister, our mom , our dad and our children staring back at us.

Vyan

No comments: